Saturday, April 4, 2009

Stacy's Protein Breakfast



NO KASHI? SAY IT AIN'T SO... I was craving cereal more than anything else this morning but I knew I needed some spinach and protein...So I decided to have eggs and spinach. It was delicious! I paired it with one slice of Ezekiel bread with honey and a tbsp of trail mix. This meal had lots of protein, from the eggs, the feta I added, the bread even has some protein, and the trail mix. The main reason why protein is so important is because it keeps you full longer. And if you're full, you're less inclined to eat more and want to eat more.

Stacy's Protein Breakfast

2 Eggs scrambled with 1 tbsp of fat-free feta cheese
Black pepper
1 c of Spinach

1 Slice of Ezekiel bread with honey
1 Tiny cup of Silk Soy Fiber Plus Milk
1 Tbsp of Trail mix: Sunflower Seeds and Raw Almonds


LIFE CHALLENGE...My life challenge so far has been going really well. The first thing I realized within two days is without refined sugar and loaded salt I feel more awake and alive. Even my friend Dominique admitted to me that I seemed like a new person. (This week I realized I'm happier, I have more patience...but my cravings are out of control. But I keep reminding myself: CRAVINGS GO WHERE THEY AREN'T FED)

I realize that my body responds to sugars in a negative way. My mood becomes depressed and I feel sluggish and lazy. And when I feel that way, I'm less inclined to care about what I eat and I NEVER want to workout when I feel this way...NEVER. At times, it is a vicious cycle. To be honest...I've had a couple treats here and there...I had two tiny date cookies that Dominique made (That were wonderful) and yesterday night I had some Kettle Corn Popcorn. But treating myself at times is important and vital.

Yesterday... brownies were shoved in my face and I declined. But they were at the table where we were all talking so I stared hard at them and watched everyone else eat them. At first I thought, "I don't need these. That's okay. I'm fine." But then I thought, "I have to have one of these. If I don't have a brownie right now I'll die." And then...as the night wore on I realized, "I don't even like brownies that much. I'm fine. I just don't need them and it's okay." My nutritionist told me to treat myself when the dessert is my favorite. That way it will make the dessert more special and me less inclined to reach for every sweet treat opportunity I'm given. So I thought of her at that moment when I declined those delicious looking brownies. And look! I'm still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment