Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sophia's Dinner and a Book (Friday Night)

A Day of SPEND, SPEND and MORE SPEND-
I splurged today because I'd been reading about this excellent Vegan book online and I really wanted to get it. Becoming Vegan by Brenda Davis and Vesanto Melina, discusses the history of veganism, health benefits, how to be a healthy vegan, vitamins and minerals you'll need, a food guide, raising vegan kids, the pregnant vegan, how to deal with a non-vegan world, getting calcium without using dairy etc...

So far I really enjoy it, so I'll be sure to post about my reading as I get more into the book!

Then I went to Heritage Health Foods and got some old and some new for dinner. I purchased the Raw Trio I had before (its in an earlier post) and I also got Sweet and Sour Tofu to go with it.

Kale Salad, Carrot Salad, Spicy Sunflower Seed Pate, Sweet and Sour Tofu



SWEET AND SOUR TOFU- (Vegan) - ingredients: organic tofu, celery, carrot, onions, garlic, toasted sesame seed oil, apple cider vinegar, water, organic cane sugar, organic corn starch.

RAW TRIO- Raw Kale Salad, Carrot Salad, Spicy Sunflower Seed Pate


DESSERT
Chocolate Walnut Cookies
Vegan- all natural
(real food the way God Intended)- as printed on their packages

For any of the Totally Vegan meals go to
to find a location that sells them if you live in Illinois.
Note: This is Friday night dinner (4/10/09)

No comments:

Post a Comment